Sunday, June 7, 2015

Old Bike Blog International

Okay, so I'm usually a bit behind the curve when it comes to the Interwebs. I Flickr, but I don't Twitter; I blog, but I don't vlog, and I think all these words are just a bunch of nonsense anyway. However, one belated discovery I made over the weekend is actually pretty darn cool. I installed the free portion of StatCounter, as you can see by the little widget at the bottom of the right-hand column. I installed it on Friday, and watched my visitorship over the weekend, and was truly amazed by the amount of traffic. It's not heavy by internet standards, but I never knew I had so many visitors, even if they only stayed for 0-5 seconds. The most impressive part is the map of recent visitors, which I took a screen shot of this morning:

I'm really psyched that I have visitors in Indonesia, Korea, Australia, Brazil, etc. I even had one from Ghana, which seems to have disappeared from the map this morning. StatCounter does lots of other neat stuff, too, like keeping track of visitor paths, keyword searches, etc. I'm not sure what, if anything, I'll make from all this data, but it's very interesting.

For the record, StatCounter did not solicit this post and I couldn't care less if you go to their site and install their thingy on your blog or site. It's just neat, is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment